Mount Saint Joseph High School
2020 Fall Tryout Information (UPDATED July)
On July 17, the MIAA shared the below update. Mount Saint Joseph will continue to update you as quickly as possible as things progress and/or change.
- In an ongoing effort to mitigate health risks while supporting student-athletes, the IAAM and MIAA will be delaying the start of the Fall Preseason until on or after Tuesday, September 1, 2020. At this time, we anticipate that league play will commence on or after September 21, 2020. Revised schedules will be issued to keep within the projected timeline for fall athletics. The IAAM and MIAA will continue to reevaluate the viability of interscholastic competition for the fall season. The Board of Governors of both leagues will meet again in mid-August. Blackout periods and out of season practice policies will be waived until further notice. The IAAM and MIAA share a common commitment to athletics as an extension of the educational process. Participation in healthy athletic practices provides our student-athletes opportunities to compete, build character, acquire, and improve skills, demonstrate leadership, and have fun. Both leagues hope to honor this commitment and, at the same time, keep athletes and their coaches as healthy as possible.
New this year, ImPACT testing will be completed at home.
The baseline test is required for all incoming Freshmen, rising Juniors, and any transfer students new to MSJ. It must be completed before a student may try-out for a sports team.
It is recommended by ImPACT that you use Google Chrome to access the test and allow pop-up windows for the duration of the test. Complete the test in a distraction and other device free environment.
- Go to www.impacttestonline.com/testing
- Enter the school code: D4E1E2E695 => Click on Validate
- Mount Saint Joseph High School will appear. Click on Launch baseline test
- Click next to take the test in English
- Read the directions and click next
- Enter all information the test asks for. When the prompt asks, click on enter additional demographics.
- Please take you time and read the directions prior to each section.
- At the conclusion of the test, click submit.
All students must have a current preparticipation physical examination completed for the 2020-2021 school year before they will be allowed to try-out for a sports team. The completed physical should be on file with the school nurse prior to the first day of practice, or you may turn in the completed form to Mr. Loovis on the first day of try-outs. The form is available on the Mount Saint Joseph website under Parents - Health Procedures & Forms.
We expect that there could be delays in getting appointments at primary care clinics due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage you to schedule your well-child visit as soon as possible. Please note that MSJ also accepts physicals from Patient First, Minute Clinic, and other walk-in health clinics.
Fall Sportsmanship Meetings
These meetings are mandatory for all student athletes and a parent who have made a fall sports team or are still in the process of trying out for a team. These meetings will be held in the Smith Center.
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
6:00 p.m. - Football, Volleyball, Cross Country
7:00 p.m. - Soccer, Water Polo, Ice Hockey, Mountain Bike
UPDATED Fall Try-out Dates/Times
Monday, August 31st Student athletes should meet at the track (3 p.m.) to get names, and check physicals (30 minutes).
Beginning Tuesday, September 1st Practice from (3-4:30 p.m.).
Monday, August 31st Student athletes should meet in room 500 (2:45 p.m.) to get names, and check physicals and ImPACT testing (30 minutes).
Beginning Tuesday, September 1st Practice on the turf from (2:45-4:15 p.m.).
Monday, August 31st Student athletes should meet in the Smith Center Gym (2:45 p.m.) to get names, and check physicals and ImPACT testing (30 minutes).
Beginning Tuesday, September 1st Practice Varsity in Smith (3:30-6:00 p.m.), and JV in Memorial (3-5:30 p.m.).
Monday, August 31st Student athletes should meet in Memorial Gym 2:45 p.m. to get names, check physicals and ImPACT testing, as well as issue equipment (done by 4:30 p.m.).
Beginning Tuesday, September 1st Varsity classroom (3-4pm) practice on turf (4:15-6:45 p.m.), and JV practice on grass (3-5:30 p.m.).
Monday, August 31st Student athletes should meet in room 501 (2:45 p.m.) to get names, and check physicals and ImPACT testing (30 minutes).
Beginning Tuesday, September 1st practice time/location TBD.
MTB team is in full swing and if you have interest you must contact Coach Nikki Kelley ASAP at email@example.com. There are no tryouts, however space is limited. Practice is held off campus at area trails and parks in the afternoons and evenings.