Full-time, hourly position
Mount Saint Joseph High School is seeking an energetic and reliable Day Porter to perform day-to-day building and grounds maintenance at our company facility. Overall duties will include removing debris, maintaining common room areas, restocking bathrooms, and responding to all cleaning emergencies.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, dedicated, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously. You will work with management to create an effective cleaning schedule, which will include your day-to-day routines and work timetable.
- Complete minor repairs and building improvements.
- Prepare conference rooms before and after important meetings.
- Completes final breakdown of function, by cleaning the room, and cleaning and returning equipment to its proper location.
- Clean all common room areas including the kitchen, cafeteria, lobby, and break room.
- Completes closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, locking doors, breaking down goods, etc.
- When applicable, place safety hazard signs in the building including wet paint and wet floor warning signs.
- Monitor, clean, and service washrooms.
- Respond to any major spills or other cleaning crises.
- Remove litter and rubbish from main common rooms.
- Daily mail runs to the post office.
- Filling in as a minibus driver as needed.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to students.
- 6 – 12 months' porter experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Previous guest experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- MUST be able to pass a state and federal background check for schools