The following communication was emailed to parents and students on Sunday, August 8, 2021.
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
As the numbers of positive cases of COVID-19 have continued to climb in Maryland, Mayor Brandon Scott has issued a mask mandate for Baltimore City starting Monday, August 9. This mandate includes Mount Saint Joseph, so we will begin our school year wearing masks. Please review the following mask policies to make sure you are prepared any time you visit campus.
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors must wear an approved mask from the moment they enter our campus until they leave for the day, unless they are eating or taking a drink.
- Masks should follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- Students should wear an MSJ mask or a solid color mask.
- Writing, letters, symbols, and/or markings of any kind on masks are prohibited.
- Gaiters are not permitted because they do not align with the CDC guidelines.
- It is preferred that you have one mask for each day of the week you are on campus and that they be washed after each time it is used.
- Plastic face shields may be worn in conjunction with, but not in lieu of, a mask.
We had success with our community wearing masks last year, and there is no doubt that it helped mitigate exposure to COVID-19. At this time, we are still planning on holding in-person classes 5 days a week, and masks will help us make this happen. We will continue to evaluate our mask policy and are prepared to make changes to it if the mandate is lifted and conditions improve.
If you have not already done so, we encourage everyone to get the COVID-19 vaccine for the safety of our whole community and for an end to this pandemic. We also want to remind you that parents of vaccinated students should complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation form
With so much changing every day, we will communicate specific daily health procedures as we get closer to the start of the school year. Please continue to keep Mount Saint Joseph in your prayers as we navigate this journey together.
Mr. Francisco M. Espinosa, Jr.Principal
Mr. George E. Andrews, Jr.President