Daily Announcements for Friday, March 15, 2013
Day 2 Schedule
- Seton Keough Drama presents Godspell this weekend. Shows are tonight and Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. and also on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. The tickets are $10.00 each and can be purchased at the box office. So come enjoy some great entertainment.
- Attention all newly selected NHS Inductees (Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors): MANDATORY Induction Ceremony Rehearsals will be held today and next Monday, 18th during homeroom in the Fine Arts Auditorium. You must be present to be inducted on Wednesday the 20th. Questions? See Mr. Breen, Mr. Kauffman or Ms. Slingluff immediately.
- Attention Juniors going on the Mar. 25-27th retreat- there will be a mandatory HR meeting today in Room 400 (DePaul).
Rest of the Day
- All those who ran cross country in the fall are invited to a pizza party in Room 311 after dismissal today. Letters and pins will be distributed.
- For all those planning to attend Hoops for Habitat, please turn in all forms by 3 pm today to Father Mike in Campus Ministry. The annual Hoops for Habitat will be tonight.
- Attention all newly selected NHS Inductees (Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors): MANDATORY Induction Ceremony Rehearsals will be held today and next Monday, 18th during homeroom in the Fine Arts Auditorium. You must be present to be inducted on Wednesday the 20th. Questions? See Mr. Breen, Mr. Kauffman or Ms. Slingluff immediately.\in the Memorial Gym from 6:00-9:00pm. Sign up forms are in the Campus Ministry office and should be turned into the Business Office.
- Last Friday we distributed the 2012-2013 Operation Mount Books!
EVERY STUDENT SHOULD TAKE AT LEAST ONE BOOK TO THEIR HOME. We encourage all Mount families to patronize our advertisers! They support us. Now let’s support them!
- KICK BUTTS DAY is Wednesday, March 20th! This is the day SADD joins teachers, youth leaders, and health advocates across the country to raise awareness about the problem of tobacco use in our state and community. We encourage everyone to stay away from cigarettes and tobacco to remain healthy and cancer free. If you smoke or use smokeless tobacco like dip or snuff, now is the time to stop. If you don’t smoke or use smokelessobacco, please never start! We hope everyone stops by our table in the cafeteria during your lunch period and signs our banner pledging to stay tobacco free.
Sign Ups Required
- SAT prep classes at the Mount will begin on April 15. If you would like a registration/information form, see Mr. Romeo in room #21 if you are interested in math preparation. See Mr. McDivitt in room #209 for verbal preparation.
- Registrations are now open for the spring session of driver education. Classes start April 22. See Mr. McDivitt in room #209 if interested.
- Senior Project
Results from the Senior Project proposal presentations are now posted on Edline.
Be sure you check the list carefully to confirm your project status, especially if you are a member of a group project.
The deadline for completing any necessary revisions is Wednesday, April 17th.
If you have any questions, see Mr. Peightel in Room 2.
Attention juniors and seniors:
- University of South Carolina will be visiting MSJ on Thursday, March 21st at 10:15 a.m. in the Guidance Center. If you are interested in attending the presentation, you must sign up by Tuesday, March 19th in the Guidance Center.
The representative will provide information about USC and the admission process for interested juniors. Seniors who are already accepted to USC can find out about the acceptance process and what steps to take next.
- Lax apparel will be available for pickup after school today between 2:30 and 3:00 pm.
- ORDER JACKETS QUICKLY! DEADLINE APPROACHING! Order soon! Some due TODAY and others extended some until March 18th—next Monday.
- Spring Sports Apparel
Mount Saint Joseph Boathouse Jacket Order Form
GOLF & TENNIS Cost: $120.00 (tax included)**
These jackets are handled through the bookstore.
Due to ordering deadlines, no late orders can be accepted Make checks payable to MSJ Store Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express accepted **Cost subject to change*
Jacket Order Deadline: Extended until March 15th (Friday)
The MSJ School Store, in conjunction with several team coaches have set up custom sport specific on-line stores for team apparel. Our hope is to eliminate distribution and collection of order forms thus managing orders more efficiently. The items WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE or stocked in the MSJ Store and MUST be purchased on line via two secure sites: Propst & Son’s Sports and Boathouse Sports.
TEAM APPAREL ORDERS ARE TIME SENSITIVE! ORDER ASAP! THERE IS ONLY A SMALL WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY TO PLACE ORDERS, IN ORDER FOR THE ITEMS TO ARRIVE EARLY IN THE SEASON. Deadlines are indicated on each custom team store and vary by team.
The following team’s coaches require certain items be purchased:
HOCKEY (by special request prior to upcoming hockey banquet) http://webstores.propstandsons.com/shop_pages/msjhockey.php EXTENDED TO MARCH 15
VARSITY BASEBALL http://webstores.propstandsons.com/shop_pages/msj-21005.php EXTENDED TO MARCH 18
BASEBALL FAN APPAREL http://webstores.propstandsons.com/shop_pages/msj-20996.php EXTENDED TO MARCH 18
- COLLEGE ACCEPTANCES/SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
It is a REQUIREMENT that a copy of all acceptance letters, as well as scholarship awards from colleges, be given to Mrs. Mnkande in the Guidance Office. This information is needed.
- Want to see the much improved ORIOLES this season?
Come join the MSJ group that will be attending! BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
Mount St. Joseph Orioles Fundraiser
Friday, April 19th vs. LA Dodgers at 7:05pm
$13.00/ticket Sections 330 & 328, upper reserve
See Mrs. Wiedel in the administration office for tickets.
Last day for ticket sales: Monday April 8th.
- There will be a meeting on March 18 (next Monday) at 2:30 in room 205 for any Juniors interested in being part of the Junior prom committee. See Mrs. Meyer if you have questions.
**The next meeting with Seton Keough is on Monday, March 18. The bus leaves the circle at 2:40pm. You must have a permission slip to ride the bus! We are reading J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic fantasy-adventure novel, “The Hobbit”. Questions? See Mrs. Wichmann
- The Carpenter is Mount St. Joseph’s annual literary journal, comprised of prose, poetry, and art. It is currently accepting submissions for the spring issue. Prose should be no longer than 1,500 words. Submit no more three poems. No one poem should be longer than two pages in length. Submissions will not be considered without a brief biography. In the biography, consider including year of graduation, previous publications (i.e. school publications), how long you have been writing/creating art, hobbies, college aspirations, etc.
Please write your submissions in MSJ's Google Docs: http://www.google.com/a/msjnet.edu
Share the links to your files with Mr. Lambdin DEADLINE: Wednesday, MARCH 20TH
- There will be spring football practice for all non spring sports participants that want to play football next year on the turf field from 5:30-7:00pm every Thursday this spring.