Mount Saint Joseph Student Pledge for iPad Use and Care
- I will use the iPad in ways that, in keeping with the philosophy and beliefs of MSJ, are appropriate, meet expectations and are educational.
- I will not use the iPad in any way, either in school or away from school that will damage the reputation of the MSJ community, including its staff, students, and families.
- I will follow the policies outlined in the MSJ Electronic Device Acceptable Use Policy and in the MSJ Student Code of Behavior at all times while using the iPad, whether at school, at home, or elsewhere off campus.
- I will not attempt to bypass the Internet filtering system or any other security system
- I will not take pictures or create video without the permission of my teachers, and I will not distribute or post pictures of video without the consent of the school.
- I will ensure that sounds are muted at all times unless permission is obtained from the teacher.
- I understand that the iPad is subject to confiscation and inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of MSJ until my graduation from the Mount.
- I understand that MSJ reserves the right to disable the iPad and/or withdraw access to the Internet or campus network.
- I understand that MSJ reserves the right to contact the police, local authorities, or other agencies regarding any type of illegal activity concerning the iPad.
- I will take excellent care of the iPad and keep it in good working condition.
- I will never leave the iPad unattended, and I will know where it is at all times.
- I will protect the iPad by only carrying it while in the case provided by MSJ.
- I will not let anyone else use the iPad or my password other than my parents or guardians.
- I will charge the iPad's battery nightly and arrive at school with my device fully charged.
- I will keep food and beverages away from the iPad since they may cause damage to the device.
- I will clean the screen with a soft, antistatic cloth ONLY; I will not use cleaning products.
- I will not disassemble any part of the iPad or attempt any repairs on it.
- I will not place decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) on the iPad or iPad cover or do anything to permanently alter the iPad in anyway.
- I will not remove or deface the serial number or other identification on the iPad.
- I will report theft, vandalism, or other misuse of the iPad by another to the Director of Students immediately.
- I will report any iPad damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse to the Director of IT immediately.
- I agree to follow any future instructions given by MSJ regarding the iPad, including those related to updating software and general care of the device.
- I understand that MSJ reserves the right to amend and add to the MSJ User Agreement at any time and that my parent/guardian will be informed of this.